How to ground yourself:
1. Sit in comfortable position keeping your spine straight and your feet bottoms touching the ground.
2. Close your eyes and imagine a pipe going down from your root chakra to the centre of the Earth.
3. Take a deep breath and exhale. Do it a few times to calm yourself.
4. Imagine all your worries, anxieties, anger and whatever negative feelings you have flushing down through the pipe.
5. Everything you have just flushed will be absorbed by Mother Earth.
6. Take a few more calming breaths and enjoy the serenity.
7. When you are ready, open your eyes and proceed with your day.
Grounding yourself once or twice a day is sufficient. Grounding yourself upon rising each day is ideal.